SINIARSKA - TARKOVSKY

SECOND MEETING – SECOND MOVIE

Agata Siniarska and Andrej Tarkovski will meet again on the set of director's new movie.

We are both from the East, the same poor mentality, the same unbearable nature, the same element of feelings. -said Tarkovsky

The filming will start this year.

Before that Siniarska decided to make a lonely pilgrimage to Siberia:


Since one month I had one repeated dream in which I sit with Michelangelo in the attic of our house talking till dawn, as we used to do. And always in the certain moment of conversation, at 4:47, our voices dissipate, the words become complicated diagrams which don't distribute expressions and contents but deteterritorialized them, through which we are trapped, desperately trying to find substance of communication. And everytime when I feel I'm close to find it, to grab it, Antonioni is standing behind me saying – „you always need to win Agata, you cannot live without it, it's the essence of your identity, without it the question „who?” will simply not arise”.

This was our last conversation and cannot stop thinking that he passed away with this thought about me, without any credit of trust in me and my feelings. I loved him with all my heart and if our togetherness in the last months was so sad is because we stopped noticing how precious our love is, we sank into past mistakes and couldn't enjoy presence. No matter where is he now, I hope that he reformulated this idea about Agata, he stopped meditate on past difficulties and he started to believe like me now that people can change, and that sometimes things are different than they look like.

This is how Siniarska is explaining her shooking decision of a journey.


I am very sad. The last performance I took part in called „sad libitum” was sad, Tarkovsky's scenario seems also sad. I need time for reflection, for silence, that's why I decided to spend the whole summer on Siberia, walking through the snow with russian bears. I going to take one coat, winter shoes, book "Deleuze and Guattari for pilgrims and other machines", termo blanket, lighter, package of djarum cigarettes, gun and bottle of martini bianco.


Siniarska plannes her trip after the evaluation of her academic year in SNDO. If she comes back, the filming will start on September this year.